4 Speed Shipping

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I know this is off topic and I posted it in the transportation network with no avail but I am looking to try and get a Transmission bellhousing and crossmember shipped or thrown in the back of someones truck if they are coming this way from Spokane WA to the Southern California area. Like LA or San Diego. I am willing to travel to pick it up and willing to compensate someone for their time if someone is willing to help out. I am specifically located in Oceanside, CA aboard Camp Pendleton. I would appreciare any and all help.

Thanks
Jeff

Don't mean any offense, but what's wrong with UPS? Had all that shipped here from Texas for less than 40 bucks. For that matter, had an 8 3/4" pumpkin shipped here from Spokane, WA for $76. Only glitch I've had with them was a package from CA that was delayed because the train it was on derailed.

Hold the phone Maynard, did you leave out a comma and mean to say you wanted to ship a transmission too? If so, UPS can do it but it ain't cheap. Cost me $110 to get one here from CT. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah I didnt add a comma where there should have been one. If it was only the bellhousing I would have had no problem at all boxing it and shipping it. How exactly did you ship and package the trans and what service did you use for it?

Thanks
Jeff

So do you care to divulge this way to get 25% off? Is there like a military discount or something like that?

Thanks
Jeff

Yeah I didnt add a comma where there should have been one. If it was only the bellhousing I would have had no problem at all boxing it and shipping it. How exactly did you ship and package the trans and what service did you use for it?

Thanks
Jeff

Made a crate out of 2X6s, 2X4s, and 3/8" plywood and it went UPS Ground. Cut 3, 2X6 blocks an inch longer than the trans was high. Left one alone and drilled a 2 inch hole and 4, 1/2 inch holes to match the input bearing retainer pattern in the other. Bolted it to the bearing retainer using longer bolts and washers. Cut 2 pieces of 2X4 an inch wider than the transmission, drilled 2 1/2 inch holes in one and bolted it to the tranny mount boss. The other 2X4 became a filler piece on top of the tranny. The third 2X6 got a 3 inch hole halfway through it for the output end of the tranny to rest in and became one end of the crate. The uncut 2X6 I used for the other end of the crate with a shallow 3/4 inch hole for the input shaft. Cut strips of plywood to fir the 2X6s to the same width as the 2X4, then cut strips of plywood to cover everything and screwed them down with drywall screws. The whole thing was 2 pounds under the 125 pound UPS limit. Sorry for the long windedness, but you did say exactly.

If any of the above does not work let me know i can get really good freight shipping deals.

send me a pm with destination zip and orgin zip

dont know if this will help, but I live in Ford (hour west of Spokane)and will be going down to Phoenix Az in a few weeks. If whoever the stuff is going to could meet me halfway between San Diego and Phoenix I would be glad to help you out.....8)

-
Back