4 speed swap quick questions-63 Belvedere

-

justthatguy

Josh(69 Valiant)
Reaction score
Hey guys, after a long foray into imports and Chevys, I'm back to Mopars. (Ended up with a Stealth Twin Turbo and a Caprice police interceptor, Caprice is awesome as a DD). But, I have a couple of quick questions, I'm going to start with drag racing at the local strip with some friends. My father has let us use his 63 Belvedere with a mild 360 and a 727. I'm looking to pick up a cheap 440 or a 400 for it and do a 450-500 hp build on it(I'd be spending a helluva lot more to get a 4500 pound bubble Chevy to go just as fast). I know what all needs to be picked up for the swap but I just have a couple questions:

1) Would I have to get an early B body specific pedal set or could I use one from a later B body?
2)would the transmission hump for the early B body be the same as the hump for the later cars?

and one more

3) What clutch would you guys recommend for that power level? I'm not planning on much powershifting on junkyard parts but I don't want to turn the clutch/flywheel into a UFO either.

I'm not looking to get too crazy, but I want to have the stick instead of the auto because all the cars we see at the strip are Lencos or manual autos. There is 1 car that we know of with a stick, a 327 4 speed 67 Chevelle. There's just not much Mopar representation here at all and driving autos gets boring after a few years.

Thanks.

1 yes you need 62 - 65 pedal set up.
2 only 62 - 65 hump will work..

-
Back