4 Way Flasher Location

-

4 Barrel

Reaction score
I have a matching numbers 1970 340 Swinger. I removed the glove box in order to replace and found the flasher just sitting loose, resting on the inside lower part of the dash ( passenger side ). In reading the 1970 Dart service manual this flasher is supposed to be mounted at the left lower side of the glovebox, But I don't see any mounting device or bracket. Something must be missing here. Also there is a brown coloured wire that is fastened to the upper inside dash ( passenger side ) but not connected to anything at the opposite end. Appears to be original to the car. This wire has no power, Maybe a ground wire but for what? Car is not equipped with interior glove box light. Thanks

Maybe behind the lower left kick panel or am I thinking horn relay?

My old, bad memory butt will throw this out there. I had a 70 Swinger, both turn and 4way where under my left knee, driving. As is my 70 Duster. Don't remember dangling on a 4 wire connector. Get a flashlight, and check under driver dash. Still problems, answer back, will look in AM.

Dont know if this helps....but my 71 Duster has a clip built into the housing for the ashtray (passenger side within/under the dash). The flasher fits right in there. Maybe yours is similar? Not sure about the wire...

Aloha!

-
Back