-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Contact seller
This is the 400 Engine out of my Grandfather's 76 Cordoba. I have been saving it for YEARS to put in my A body. But I have at long last decided to go with an EFI Magnum. (shame on me!) So time to let go and sell it!

As stated 400 Big Block from 76 Cordoba. Engine had 110K miles on it when pulled and ran perfectly. I put 60K of the 110K on the motor so I know all oil changes were done every 3500 miles. My Grandpa and Grandma put the other 50K miles on it and they maintained it too! Knowing it would likely be years until I built the engine I took the heads off and coated all the cylinder bores with grease. You can see the white grease in the pictures. There is really no ridge at the tops of the cylinders. A few of the cylinders have slight staining on them but no imperfection that you can feel with your fingers. This block will clean up with NO problem. If you were so inclined you could even put a slight hone on it and a set of new rings and I have no doubt it would run perfectly.

Head castings are 452's. All valves are in good shape. Was just a 2 bbl engine, but I do have a 4 bbl spreadbore intake if you want it.

Engine is a complete long block. I ditched the exhaust manifolds (was going to run headers) but the rest is there from the water pump back, and the intake down. I think I even still have the carb if you want it, but would have to confirm.

Located in Williamsport MD. I have no interesting in shipping so come pick it up, or I can deliver a reasonable distance for fuel.

$400 takes it home.

400.jpg

400 right side.jpg

400 left side.jpg

400 right bank.jpg

400 right head.jpg

400 left bank.jpg

400 left head.jpg

400 head casting.jpg

400 casting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.