-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassnasty82

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Looking at piecing together or buying a stroker kit. I might just end up buying a kit from 440 source if i can not find one from one of you guys.. I am open to suggestions, willing to buy pistons, rods, crank, etc separately for the right deal to build my own kit.

Get the kit from 440 Source. I put one together and have no regrets. My machinist wasn't happy with their balance job, but that was the only negative I can speak to. Makes ridiculous power with Indy EZ heads.

Agreed. I spent about as much piecing together my 440 stock stroke as I would have stroking it. 700$ rods 700$ pistons. 200$ for rod and main bearing. Already at 1600. I was iffy about the quality of 440 source during my build, but I plan to use them for my 400 block soon. Wish I would have gone that route with the 440

ah thanks guys.....I wonder if they offer a discount if i choose not to have them balance and do it locally? I have read mixed reviews on their balancing and would prefer to have it done locally if they do a shotty job of it. I am going to take my eddy performer RPM's to a machine shop and have some real work done to them so they perform like they should. I wonder if i will need to upgrade my clutch? Currently its a stage two from brewers and has maybe 1800 miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back