400 block

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Looking for one that has standard bore ... already been magnafluxed and sonic tested.... would like to see the sonic test results .... let me know what you have .... thanks

Michigan.... Can you post photos of sonic and magna flux results and block serial #... Greatly appreciated

I will have to contact him to post. Block is at Eddie Miller's shop and I was going to purchase it myself but ended selling the car it was intended for as another opportunity came up. Let me pass the info on.

I have a 230 thick main web block I am going to tear down this weekend. could get it sonic checked.

230 thick web preferred ... Please attach sonic results and magnaflux results ... Greatl appreciated .. Thanks

I was not able to get the 230 block tore down this weekend, in middle of getting ready for a big swap meet, and also coaching my sons little league team, The swap meet is this weekend so it will be after that.

Found one ........."230" thick web block... picking it up Saturday.......30 000 mile engine ... Hopefully it sonic checks OK:)

Found one ........."230" thick web block... picking it up Saturday.......30 000 mile engine ... Hopefully it sonic checks OK:)
What identifies a 230 block? In the I'd number? I have a 72 4 barrel block?

There is more info on the "440 source " website.... but in the serial # last three digits are stampeded similar to this XXXXX230-? ..............Plus i have told that they were built in 1971 only from roughly i do believe April until October .... only the webbing has more meat than other built 400's.....cylinder wall thickness maybe thinner or thicker :(...............like any other build ... you will need to sonic test cyl walls ........

-
Back