400 HP possible?

-
Well DarTT, it's always bothered me that with all the displacement the old mopar engines have, they make such little HP compared to the new engines. I have zero turbo experience, but if I can have my daily driver putting down anything over 350 HP with my original /6 under the hood, I'm ready to follow in your footsteps. Like I said, just keep me posted.

It's all in the head. That's where it happens.
Mopars arent blessed with a great flowing head from the factory.
I have seen some slants around here that to say the least are scary.
The one good thing about Detroit is there is no shortage of awesome cars and slant 6s included.

hitting 350 hp will be very easy and reliable!

(reading the first post) twin turbos seem a little overkill, you can only force so much air into the motor, you might be better off with just a single turbo. twin turbos are only very effective on v8s or bigger engines....

(reading the first post) twin turbos seem a little overkill, you can only force so much air into the motor, you might be better off with just a single turbo. twin turbos are only very effective on v8s or bigger engines....

Ever hear of the RB26DETT??? First engine to reach a kilowatt of power. And guess what it is? an inline 6! and whats the bore? 26mm? Should sound familiar to any slanter here.

Its a 3-1 setup. 3 cylinders per turbo. and im not mounting T4 style turbos, so no overkill here.

And if you know your s*** about turbos you should know a smaller engine responds BETTER to turbocharging. And that twin turbo eliminates lag as well as providing better exceleration response.

Also, this project is to do something different that hasnt been done before. Ive seen 70000000000000000000 TURBO SLANTS with epic turbo lag made up for by nitrous and running like 37 lbs of boost. But no twin-turbo slants. And I disgust NO2

I was talking with the Wiseco reps at PRI - you can special order the Wiseco / K1 combo in any compression ratio you want, and it's not all that much more expensive that way.

I was talking with the Wiseco reps at PRI - you can special order the Wiseco / K1 combo in any compression ratio you want, and it's not all that much more expensive that way.

Thanks Mat! :cheers:. I really hope to see a bunch of slanters at the slant race. if it happens =/

-
Back