400 in a Scamp?

-

ScampX

Old Coot
Reaction score
How hard a job would this be? Right now I have a /6 in her. But I know where a 400 is pretty reasonably priced? Should I even consider this? Or would it be easier and cheaper to put a 318 in it? Remember I am going for ScampX material....

SUNP0005.JPG

SUNP0012.JPG

Ok, I agree with that one. But would I need to make this swap? Do I need a new K-member, or no? I've had a 400 before but it was in a much larger car, and it did very well in that so it should be awsome in the little Scamp. Will the current rear end work?

ScampX said:
How hard a job would this be? Right now I have a /6 in her. But I know where a 400 is pretty reasonably priced? Should I even consider this? Or would it be easier and cheaper to put a 318 in it? Remember I am going for ScampX material....

Check out www.bigblockdart.com for all the information you will ever want or need for this swap!!

i have never done this swap so i can't really give any insite to it, but i think for the long haul a 318,or a 360 would be eaiser and less of a headache....i guess it is what you are trying to achieve, and how deep is your wallet. i have seen some 400 hp 318's. weight ratio is probably better as well. like mikesduster said parts are not a problem anymore....

Blackace is sending you to the right place..YES it is easier to go small ..BUT is that what you want?? It comes down to what you want not what others think you should have ..NOT to say anything against anybody, But you seem like you have that big block idea in your head!! So go for it..WORKING ON YOUR ONLY CAR SHOULD NOT BE CALLED WORK!!!

a-BODY.jpg

The boys Dart here is a stock stroke 400 and it runs well for what it has. Mid 11's at 116 so far. Nothing fancy just basic stuff. KB pistons , MP .557 cam and bone stock Eddy's. It actually handles nice and its a real drive anywhere including to the track. I agree to go to www.bigblockdart.com for good info. I also agree the smallblock strokers run very good and is probably an easier swap but the 400 will work very good and really isn't that hard. Ron

96473163.jpg

I think I'll go for the 400. Ron That Dart looks Pretty darned good. Wonder how that hood would look on the Scamp? Anyways, I stiull gotta long way to go on my Scamp, yet, But someday soon...... And yeah Big BLock Dart is a very informative site, I joined, even though I 'm a Plymouth Guy

383man that dart is sweeeeeeet..for sale??

Thank you. No not for sale as it was mine and I sold it to my 19 year old son last year very cheap. That was so I could buy my 63 for a good price. The boy loves the car. Ron

-
Back