408 almost there!

-

mopartom340

Reaction score
Got some parts for my 408 project yesterday. Scat stroker crank, Scat H beam rods, and CP Bullet pistons.I already received my cyl. heads from Brian at IMM. Still looking at camshafts. I'm looking hard at the Comp 292 Hyd. roller(going into a roller block).Can't wait to drop it in my Demon. The 340 has been in there for 25 years! Thinking of going back to a 3.23 gear, for highway driving. The 4.10's get old fast.:blob:

I.m building a 408 also. What heads did you buy?? I have a comp cams .242/.248 .570/.576 solid roller that all the engine builders I've talked really like. I think I'm going to stay with my 3:23's also. Plenty of torque with a stroker and way better gas mileage with the 3:23's.

what intake are you using, i put this ported holley strip dominator on my warm 360 but its a bit softer down under 4,000. picked up over 5K.

Attachments

• party 046 (640x480).jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 216
LOL! 4.10's get old at freeway speeds! I work further from home than I used too. I bought a set of RHS/INDY MAX heads from IMM. With the 2.02 intake valves, and behive springs. As for manifold, I have a Mopar M-1 single plane. I may change that to an Air Gap if not satisfied. I'm thinking 750-850 double pump carb, though not sure yet.

MoparTom,

Just to get a fast shot comparison for what I did with my 408, all the specs are in my members gallery. Mine is pretty beastly tho and I run 4.10's, but no highway use like you said. Good luck with your completion!!

-
Back