408 Stroker Build Suggestions

-
I had a Super Victor on my motor originally but I wanted low end torque, so I went to the RPM Air Gap. I love it. I ran Edelbrock carburetors for years and loved them, but I was thinking about going to E85 and most of those carbs came on the Proform chassis, so I plumbed it all into a Holley 750 double pumper. I like the power, but I have to adjust that freaking Holley all the time. The Eddy I would set and forget and never touched it. All in all though, the Air Gap and 750 is a good combination for that motor.
Actually when I thought about it and I was going to comment on this I probably should have Holley's as much as I like to Tinker on my car! LOL I've had Holley carburetor's on my hot rods before and they work great but I've always like the way I could set my Edelbrock carburetors and like you said forget about them. Now that I have two and I'm still it's enough tinkering just getting two Edelbrock's working correctly together then trying to do it to two Holly's all the time.

Sorry Pal
I looked up that Hughes 2832 and all I see is timing for degreeing the already purchased cam
no seat timing
so it is really impossible to tell what the duration really is as the "intenstity" can vary greatly
no duration at .200 so can't tell how big it really is
no way to tell what the intake closed point is to compute dynamic compression
for a shelf cam I'd check with Lunati and Howard and if unresponsive Bullet
Sorry Pal

see my previous comment on that unknown duration Hughes cam, not questioning the quality
if you run roller tip rockers you have to budget the shaft relocation (if you are going to run any spring and rpm)
i'd run oil through the pushrods lifters and pushrods with either rocker style
1.6 really only help on the intake- and you could shorten up the duration one size but without any head flows and dynamic compression I can't say
on the edlebrock heads you are talking about the wedge closed chamber heads not the open chamber ones- right?
run the manifold and gears you have till you get dialed in- good suggestions on manifold utilization but I'd try no spacer then -4 hole spacer first
I do not like double pumpers on the street- is this a race only build? If you already own the carb then ok
if you do not then run what you have till you get dialed in

-
Back