Reaction score
who has the best prices on 408 stroker kits

I have a 72 360 .030

and it HYD locked..

so now a want to stroke it

i have a 274H cam 230/236 488/491 lift

RPM air gap w/770 holley carb

headers,
587 heads w/2.02 and 1.6 valves, fully ported and 72 cc..

and id like about 9.5 CR

thanks

It's slightly difficult to do an apples to apples comparison on price because several stroker kits use different components. The most widely advertised kits include Eagle rods and crank but you have choices between I-beam & H-beam rods and a cast or steel crank. Pistons choices vary: Ross, Diamond, etc. There are also alot of mid grade kits using low-mid range components. I think you are going to have to figure out what components you want to use and your price range and then you can start shopping. Good luck.

i did the same shopping over the winter and ended up going with dan costello with performance only racing heres his link.

http://www.performanceonlyracing.com/shop/catalog/

i ended up going with forged k-1 crank and rods , diamond dished pistons it was a little higher balancing and did need some mallory , but i think i ended up with a pretty nice kit , it will be using indy 360-1 heads with 63 cc heads and end up at 10.1 compression. it was a drop in deal only needing the bottom of the cylinders notched a little . this guy is got several different levels of kits and is very easy to deal with , i would recommend him to any one. also what would it hurt to call and get a price estimate it would just insure you are getting a good deal.

dewayne henderson

great ty, i dont think i need a forged crank, so cast crank, eagle I beams, floating pins, bearings, and rings...030 over pistons that will give me a good quench 9.5 CR with open chamber heads and 72 cc heads....

maybe I should be asking who should I be calling for the best honest service and part selection.

If you do a search on these forums you will find lots of threads on the subject.

-
Back