408 Stroker Question

-

junior

Reaction score
As you may have read in my thread re.. New Ride IN The Family my son purhased a 1980 Road Runner Clone which has a cluthflite trans, the engine is a 408- 360 based stroker, the cluthflite is comming out and will be replaced with a buillt 727 with 3500 torq.. Now 360's are externaly balanced and the torq. we have is for a 340 which is internally balanced, now I've been told that the stroker kit changes it to internal balance. Is this true? If not would an after market flex plate with a balance weight be what we need to use this torq?

Hi Junior,

there are internal and external balanced Stroker Kits available at the market. If you can´t get any information from the former owner / builder then take a look at the vibration damper - if this is one with imbalance then your kit should be external balanced (same for the converter / flexplate, look for weights!). If these parts are without imbalance / zero balanced then you should have a internal balanced kit - if the builder knew what he did, you know what i mean ?

regards

Michael

-
Back