crane roller cam .630 272dur int 282 ex
w2 race head fully ported they flow 298 cfm
2.08 intake valve 1.60 ex
1.6 harland sharp rockers
10.27 cr
m1 single plane intake
800 cfm carbs
1 7/8 tti headers

I know my cr. is high a bit to run a super charge bot doesnt wanna put 15 pounds of boost on it maybe 8 to 10 pounds not more than that

thanks for the info

Bob

Well, your compression isnt too far off. ATI (parent company of Procharger) recommends nearly 9.5 to 1 compression as ideal. I think if you moved to a thicker head gasket you would be right on. Are you planning on intercooling it? I think racegas is a must on a serious supercharged motor, however with intercooling and moderate timing and low boost (under 10 psi) I think pump gas may just work. Centrifugal superchargers build boost as RPM increases. This is important as a motor is more prone to detonation when the load is high and the RPM is low. So if you have a loose converter and a light car you can do it with minimal troubles.

Well, your compression isnt too far off. ATI (parent company of Procharger) recommends nearly 9.5 to 1 compression as ideal. I think if you moved to a thicker head gasket you would be right on. Are you planning on intercooling it? I think racegas is a must on a serious supercharged motor, however with intercooling and moderate timing and low boost (under 10 psi) I think pump gas may just work. Centrifugal superchargers build boost as RPM increases. This is important as a motor is more prone to detonation when the load is high and the RPM is low. So if you have a loose converter and a light car you can do it with minimal troubles.

Would he loose the quench on the engine by adding a thicker head gasket? To drop 3/4 of a point on compression the gasket would need to be pretty thick no? How about having the heads worked on to increase the CC which will lower the compression?

I had a 9.5:1 Supercharged engine before with 10lbs of boost and for some reason I could not get it to stop detonating unless I pulled a ton of timing out of it. It also beat the Rod Bearings out of it more than once. It built so much crankcase pressure also that it spit all the gaskets out of it. I even POPPED Cometic gaskets. It was a different engine, different build at that.

Would he loose the quench on the engine by adding a thicker head gasket? To drop 3/4 of a point on compression the gasket would need to be pretty thick no? How about having the heads worked on to increase the CC which will lower the compression?

I had a 9.5:1 Supercharged engine before with 10lbs of boost and for some reason I could not get it to stop detonating unless I pulled a ton of timing out of it. It also beat the Rod Bearings out of it more than once. It built so much crankcase pressure also that it spit all the gaskets out of it. I even POPPED Cometic gaskets. It was a different engine, different build at that.

He would loose some quench, but it probably doesn't have any to begin with. People make a big deal out of quench, which when an engine truly has an effective quench it is a big deal, most engines dont experience true quench. Working over the chambers is a great way of doing it, and you can pick up some head flow from unshrouding the valves. I just figured he had a running engine and didn't want to go thru all the expense and trouble to send the heads out. I assumed and you know what happens when I assume.

I am not familiar with the setup you had there Mad. There are a lot of factors that go into why a car detonates or how to keep it from doing it. Factors include: Compression ratio, cylinder head chamber design, sharp edges on the pistons (piston design), Valve design, camshaft overlap, cubic inch, Rpm range it operates, type of supercharger, type and size of intercooler, ambient air temp and humidity, induction set up (carb versus EFI), weight of the car, tires (does it hook up enough to load the motor at low speeds), torque converter, gear ratio. I know I am leaving some things out but its just to give you an idea that ther is more to it than compression ratio.

I aint going to get it intercooled

Im looking to about 8 to 10 pounds of boost not more than that

and no I dont think I will decrease CR with having the heads
rework because its already an engine that I have in my car

it aint a bad engine it ran 10.79 @ miramichi dragway in new brunswick
last falls

but really begin to look on a super charge system and hade been told
that procharger are about the best without intercooler

why I dont wanna use intercooler because I wanna keep it simple
and easy to work on the car

race fuel will be use at the track and on the street
I aint gonne use alote of boost maybe 5 pounds

This may help you without running an intercooler.

There is great information on this site.............
I will be using one on my BOOSTED 360 for dang sure and NO INTERCOOLER and after reading this information I may up my compression from 8.5:1 to possibly 9.5:1 and running 15lbs+++ of boost!
Once you buy this system it is very inexpensive to run it.

http://alcoholinjectionsystems.com/

thanks for the reply

I hope to get the money soon

to be able to buy my procharger system

i give it a try so will be fix if it can run

that way

Quench on a blown engine is a moot point. It has no effect.

Quench on a blown engine is a moot point. It has no effect.

I do not claim to know everything at all.

So you are saying that a 0 deck with .039 head gasket will have the same effect with a 0 deck & .125 head gasket in a Forced Induction application.
The goal is to stay away from Detonation the engine killer............

Can you explain?

I do not claim to know everything at all.

So you are saying that a 0 deck with .039 head gasket will have the same effect with a 0 deck & .125 head gasket in a Forced Induction application.
The goal is to stay away from Detonation the engine killer............

Can you explain?

Essentially, yes. You would just make the difference up by the blower speed. Quench in that instance can actually cause detonation. The effect of quench in a supercharged engine is so small it is negligible at best. I can't explain it in depth, because I don't know everything either. But I have built a few blown engines. I have spoken to some experts such as those at United United Engine, Dyres, B&M, and Hampton Industries. In fact, it is the general concensus among those who are in the business that a piston "in the hole" will make more power in a blown application. Something about having more area to fill the cylinder efficiently. You cannot compare what works with a naturally aspirated engine to what works with a blown engine. Blowers change the fuel curve tremendously. I would recommend you call and speak with the tech guys at United Engine. They are all very sharp. I have worked with a couple of them pretty closely on a few builds in the past. I spoke with Marco there in fact just yesterday about a blown engine I may be helping someone on in the near future. I won't sit here and say quench does absolutely nothing in a blown application, but it's effects are such that you would likely never see benefits from using quench on a blown application. Call them. they can explain it much better than I.

Not so. I think........ 2 cents.

Well, I KNOW what the experts have told me in a few blown engine builds that I've DONE, not THOUGHT about. That's about all I know to tell you.

Give these guys a call SD Concept Engineering .Inc out of R.I. they've built some "mean" procharged Mopars..401-826-4400 and can tell you anything you need to know about it..

Give these guys a call SD Concept Engineering .Inc out of R.I. they've built some "mean" procharged Mopars..401-826-4400 and can tell you anything you need to know about it..
Do not be surprised if Wendy does her best to talk you into turbocharging. I have spoken with her several times over the past few weeks, she convinced me, at least for what I am thinking of doing, that turbocharging would be the better way to go. Conversation was way to long winded for me to repeat here, so call her......

:help:

still wanna know if I can run a procharger on my engine setup

as I can understand piston will be ok maybe with thicker

gaset or with less boost

let say i run this engine with a procharger at 5 to 7 pounds

of boost what will be my HP. and torque gain

those this investment will worth it

I know race fuel at the track will be mandatory

on the street I already run premium fuel so...

:help:

still wanna know if I can run a procharger on my engine setup

as I can understand piston will be ok maybe with thicker

gaset or with less boost

let say i run this engine with a procharger at 5 to 7 pounds

of boost what will be my HP. and torque gain

those this investment will worth it

I know race fuel at the track will be mandatory

on the street I already run premium fuel so...

Dial 401-826-4400..they'll tell you everything you need to know..

the problem is I dont speak english
as well as I wish,
dont wanna ask question that the guy at the
other end doesnt understand and make him
piss off and telling me all kind of stupid stuff
to get rid of a (french quebec guy)

I tought that here I could have answer to my question
with you guys that already built and run small block
with supercharger on top of them

where I leave not much mopar with blower
there is some rustang and even there they talk trash
because you run a mopar

the problem is I dont speak english
as well as I wish,
dont wanna ask question that the guy at the
other end doesnt understand and make him
piss off and telling me all kind of stupid stuff
to get rid of a (french quebec guy)

I tought that here I could have answer to my question
with you guys that already built and run small block
with supercharger on top of them

where I leave not much mopar with blower
there is some rustang and even there they talk trash
because you run a mopar
I do not think you could piss Wendy at SDCE off, she is great to talk to. What is it going to hurt to try???

Well, I KNOW what the experts have told me in a few blown engine builds that I've DONE, not THOUGHT about. That's about all I know to tell you.

Your right. I have never had a blown engine or turbo or anything. As a matter of fact I have never even seen a blown engine in person. I am a 12 year old who likes to look at pretty pictures and comment on random forums. SO I am sorry if I have offended your experts.

You didn't offend anybody and I never claimed to be an expert. In fact, I've said several times Im not. But I have built a few blown motors. Until you made that last post, you were acting like anything but a 12 year old. Glad you're here. You seem pretty mature. Sit back and we all might learn sumthin.

Dang that Air to Water Intercooler is cool as all get out! Where can you get one of those at? Where did you mount the Heat Exchanger at? Lastly will one of those fit on an A body without cutting up the hood?

Dang that Air to Water Intercooler is cool as all get out! Where can you get one of those at? Where did you mount the Heat Exchanger at? Lastly will one of those fit on an A body without cutting up the hood?

You know I dont know if it would clear. It is actually 2 industrial oil coolers married inside there. It isn't very efficient since we were trying to fit all that stuff inside a vega engine compartment. The cooler tank is in the trunk. That car runs 8.80s now and lives in South Carolina. It was the car we spoke of last night that has the twin T04s on it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0az2CoZ3TUE"]YouTube - Twin Turbo Vega[/ame]

-
Back