426 Hemi in 68 Cuda

-

SEbiscut

Reaction score
I'm finishing up my 68 383 4 spd Formula S & thinking of building another 68 w/ a 511 Hemi. HOw hard is it to stuff an elephant in a 68 Barracuda & what are some of the modifications I'll have to make. I'd like to start planning ahead & get all the info I can. I'm thinking of a killer street car that can also handle trips on windy roads. Perhaps widening the rear wheel houses so 10x15's w/ 295's will fit underneath so the car can sit lower than stock. I'd probably upgrade the suspension to a slightly narrowed Dana w/ Cal Tracs.
Wilwoods would go on the front. Thanks for any info.

Depends how handy you are and how much $$ you are willing to spend..

If you have the money to buy the CORRECT K-frame,mounts, headers, master cylinder relocation adapter etc. then it's not a real big deal. Just shorten the column jacket, sledge the inner fender and your set.

If your poor like me, you make your own K-frame, mounts, headers, and cut, section, and recontour the inner fender so you can pull the valvecover without lifting the engine.

Then cut and re-glass in a 1 inch strip strip into your newly purchased scoop since the MP manifold is higher than a stock intake. (if you want to run air cleaners).

Plan on putting disc brakes and bigger T-bars in also.

Thanks for the advice. I just read an ad for Indy's new Hemi valve covers for A bodies. It said they're designed to clear the shock towers so the inner fenders don't have to be modified. I gotta check if they'll fit Stage 5 heads.
I've got a 66 B body 4.10 Dana I could narrow a little, a stanard 66 hemi block & a Rat Roaster intake...hmm, all I need now is a rust free Cuda. Thanks again.

-
Back