426 pushrod size?

-
Why would you want bigger pushrods in an otherwise stock hemi? The usual answer is cause the old ones bent. If so the problem needs correcting not a band-aid fix. Back to point,cause of the valvetrain geometry odds are they will rub. And you would need to check every one throughout the complete cycle. Personally I think its a bad move. Heavier pushrods? Nahh! Stock motor,,,,,,

-I don't believe they will. You'd have to custom grind all the block reliefs in the valley and then, be sure as mentioned to check for clearance on each.....

The lifters may need changed too, (again not 100% sure) but the larger diameter push rods may create more friction in the other-wise stock lifters. So lifters might need to be enlarged to fit right as well.

Which brings me to a thought, with the 7/16th push rods, aren't they just a tad longer too? Meaning a bit more "push" up top, valve cover clearance might become an issue as well. BUT this one is just a thought I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, I'm sure someone else will have more knowledgeable answer for you... mine is really speclation

We had to custom fit our push rods when we built our Hemi...

-
Back