440 4spd question

-
Brewers sells the adaptor/reducer ring you need . Give them a call. If it doesn't work, at a price of $65 you can easily get your money back.

65 bux? dang thats a lot .make sure bellhousing to retainer has run out of less than .008 if more scrap it. that means in layman terms distance between retainer to bell housing hole, just sold what you needed 2 weeks ago A body 4 speed complete, hurst shifter plate and rod clutch, p plate ,flywheel 4.35 hole retainer on bellhousing you also better know which car this trans you have came out of .if its a B body trans expect to hit the console when you shift ,e body will sit further back than the B body, but shifter is easier to modify as its closer to the A body location than the b body. I wish you well on finishing this project on time and highly reccomend you buy a m.p. chassis manual and read.

$500 I can build you a 727 using a case I have with a deep trans pan ,3500 converter and a 6 month guarantee,I think your getting in over your head here kid.

65 bux? dang thats a lot .make sure bellhousing to retainer has run out of less than .008 if more scrap it. that means in layman terms distance between retainer to bell housing hole, just sold what you needed 2 weeks ago A body 4 speed complete, hurst shifter plate and rod clutch, p plate ,flywheel 4.35 hole retainer on bellhousing you also better know which car this trans you have came out of .if its a B body trans expect to hit the console when you shift ,e body will sit further back than the B body, but shifter is easier to modify as its closer to the A body location than the b body. I wish you well on finishing this project on time and highly reccomend you buy a m.p. chassis manual and read.

$500 I can build you a 727 using a case I have with a deep trans pan ,3500 converter and a 6 month guarantee,I think your getting in over your head here kid.

I am using a 4 spd out of a 1966 barracuda. so it is an A boby 4 spd. which will work just fine.

If I were to buy your tranny, it will cost me an arma and a leg just to get it here, (assuming you arn't close to me) and then I will need to get all the kick down linkage, and buy a shifter, or a colum shift, it won't really save me too much. maybe $300 in total. But the COOLNES value would drop.

i never thought this would be easy. But I'm not going to give up Once I figure out the center linkage problem, then figure out the oil pan problem, all I have to do is put the engine in. I have all the parts allready to put it in, so I won't be needing anything else ( except a carb and a rad, but I need those if I were to do auto anyways.)

I can do this. it will be done...mark my word.

Phil

oh, and how would an AUTO tranny make a difference with the center link??? I don't follow that one.

And what does an AMP manual show, or tell you?
Phil

OK GUYS,

I have bought a 187 oil pan, and oil pick up. I will be cleaning it, then painting it, then putting it on the engine.

One more part that I do need is a clutch fork for a Big block Bell housing casting # 2892513. 10.5 inch.

I have found out that a 10 7/8 overall length fork is what I need. and that it came out of a 1966-up B/E body, 1967-1069 A body big block, 1970 -74 E body 1971-74 B body small/big block

I don't have a part number for the fork, so If you have the Number, or the fork, and you want to sell it.....
PLEASE LET ME KNOW :)

-
Back