440 68 barracuda radiator fan fitment

-

Logan Woloszak

Reaction score
I have a cold case 18x22 radiator. With the 440 in the car, it leaves 2.5 inches between the face of the radiator and the water pump pulley. What fan would fit? would prefer to go electric.

IMG_0392.JPG (2).jpeg
I have a cold case 18x22 radiator. With the 440 in the car, it leaves 2.5 inches between the face of the radiator and the water pump pulley. What fan would fit? would prefer to go electric.

What is the thickness of ur rad. ? Mine is a 28x19 / 1 1/4' tubes / 2 row , and I have a little more room than that. I only run a mech. 17" fan , but have my cooling problem whipped , after a lot of testing diff. set ups last year .
With a 17" fan, I cant run a clutch type fan because of the size of the clutch itself , blocks a little air flow, and what I got is critical w/ the little fan. Electric fans didn`t work for me but a lesser engine they probly would.
I have quite a few diff. fan set ups laying on the bench ,from a 2 5/8" new jaguar clutch fan , to a 15" elec , and a few in between.
Make sure ur rad. is up against the cradle to start with--------

View attachment 1715326171

What is the thickness of ur rad. ? Mine is a 28x19 / 1 1/4' tubes / 2 row , and I have a little more room than that. I only run a mech. 17" fan , but have my cooling problem whipped , after a lot of testing diff. set ups last year .
With a 17" fan, I cant run a clutch type fan because of the size of the clutch itself , blocks a little air flow, and what I got is critical w/ the little fan. Electric fans didn`t work for me but a lesser engine they probly would.
I have quite a few diff. fan set ups laying on the bench ,from a 2 5/8" new jaguar clutch fan , to a 15" elec , and a few in between.
Make sure ur rad. is up against the cradle to start with--------

I am still having trouble w/ pics. This is an early pic of my set up . there is an alum. shroud u cant see on it----

The radiator is up against the cradle and it is 3 inches in width. Could I run a flat 17inch mechanical fan with an electric fan on the other side of the radiator?

The radiator is up against the cradle and it is 3 inches in width. Could I run a flat 17inch mechanical fan with an electric fan on the other side of the radiator?
Just now got back to this thread-----------
Thats what I`m doing, 17" mech. , and a 14" elec booster in front, set to come on at 205 , and off at 195. The 14' elec. has only been on once so far !

-
Back