440 69 Cuda Questions

-

wrflyer

Reaction score
I am buliding a 69 cuda 440 with twin afb's on an old Weiand Manifold # wd20.The carbs are S9131 AFBs .1966 383/440.The motor was tired and knocking.One carb is painted a gold color?The manifold is low profile and has four ports for each carb.Dual plane.
I am on running 1 " carb spacers which are open design with a 3500 stall converter and 4:30 gears.I have rebuilt the motor with .040 over flat top pistons,9.5:1 and a 300H cam.stock 2.08 valves ,new springs to match the cam.This is mainly a weekend street toy.
My questions are
-Does anyone know what the gold paint on the carb indicates?
-Will the open spacers work well with a four port manifold?
-What kind of trap RPMs can I expect in the quarter mile?
-Any idea of quarter mile times.I am running 28" tall 275/60 tires?

Did you say if you'd built the motor, i would think you've got quite a lot of gear for a 28" tyre, times on street tyres, low 13's 106 slicks, high 12's.
Good luck Mike

Well give me a few weeks and I can give you a good idea on RPM as we just put 4.30's in my sons Dart and are using 28" tall tires. We hope to get it back to the track in a few weeks. As for performance thats tuff to call. If it works well and the carbs and intake work good it has the potential of easy 12's and I have no idea why that carb is gold. Good luck with it and keep us posted. Oh and do you have any pics of it ?? Ron

-
Back