440 a-body manifolds

-

6t8 Dart

Reaction score
I have literally inherited a pair of exhaust manifolds off a '69 Dart GTS 440 car (along w/some other car parts). My grand uncle's hot rod buddy told me that they came off my uncle Dave's car that got rear-ended heavily in the late-70's (the trunk panel was 6" from the package tray). They are in nice shape; the heat riser needs a spring and the other side has a repair in the cast iron that is only visible on the interior. I was thinking about selling them because I don't think I'll use them...any idea what those would fetch? I could get the casting numbers and maybe snap a few pics during this week (if I get the time, my uncle's house is about 80 miles east of here and I'd hafta get the key from my mom who is the executor). :salute:

I see the 383 A-body manifolds bring about $400.00 a pair on Ebay all the time. I would think your manifolds should bring at least $600-700 if not more ,since they are so rare. I`m not much of a header fan and would love to have them but I need to divest myself of car parts. You could list them here for a week or so and entertain offers, and if nobody bites then give them a go on Ebay and see what they fetch.

Yeah, I thought that might be the only way to find what the market will pay. I remember seeing an ad in MCG where a guy wanted $3500 for a set! If he got that much...I would consider going into the re-pop business for $2K a set like everybody else here would.

Timing is everything and if you put them out there when two guys are both in need of manifolds for their M code A-bodies, well who knows where they might go.

You might try the guys that specialize in Mopar exhaust like Schumacher Creative Services or Accurate Exhaust and see if they could give you a fair market value on them.

Just saw Micheal Schumacher on Sunday at a Mopar Show in Issaquah

I have a set of m-code exhaust manifolds off a 1969 Dart. I would be thrilled if some one payed me 3500.00!

I know there is a company that is re-pop a factory looking a-body big block exhaust manifold but flows significantly better than the actual factory ones. They have talked about it several times on bbd.com

accurate is re poping them with the better flow i dont know how much he gets for them but you may want to check his website originals should be worth around the same if not more than what he gets for a set of repros. check accurateltd.com. Justin

-
Back