440 aluminum valve COVERS

-

gary 440 475

Reaction score
I recently bought an 2006 srt8 440 HEMI in September 2011. It is a 440 HEMI 500 hp plus, it came with the dual coil aluminum valve covers but are for 440 duel coil 2005 and earlier HEMI. I need the right valve covers and not pay 900, and do some thing with these. They are on the block which is seting on wood blocks. it has not been fired yet. I am puting in in a 57 Belvedere, which needs a floor first. I may have other parts later also. Any suggestions?? oh yes The look like solid alum. that Bilets(sp) puts out. they are new but are on the engine. look tough but they will not work with my set up. tks g ( plz excuss sp, I am 100% dav)

How the heck did you buy a 2006 srt8 Hemi in Sept. 2001? Is your other car a Delorean?

Welcome to FABO Gary 440 475!

You are asking your questions in the wrong forum. There are a couple other forums where people will see your questions and be able to help. This is the "Say Hi and Introduce Yourself" forum.

Anyway, You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Picture39.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 100
I recently bought an 2006 srt8 440 HEMI in September 2011. It is a 440 HEMI 500 hp plus, it came with the dual coil aluminum valve covers but are for 440 duel coil 2005 and earlier HEMI. I need the right valve covers and not pay 900, and do some thing with these. They are on the block which is seting on wood blocks. it has not been fired yet. I am puting in in a 57 Belvedere, which needs a floor first. I may have other parts later also. Any suggestions?? oh yes The look like solid alum. that Bilets(sp) puts out. they are new but are on the engine. look tough but they will not work with my set up. tks g ( plz excuss sp, I am 100% dav)

Welcome, check out the hemi swap section for lots of good info, you may have better luck with questions there.

You gotta get us some pics of that Belve...

As far as the valve covers go I assume you are looking for the later 2006+ valve covers. I know those billet ones cost big, it may be better to just put the factory plastic ones on. I picked up mine on ebay for like $100... Motor pic in avatar... Good luck,

JOE

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back