440 BB headache

-

75Dart440

Reaction score
Ive got a 75 dart sport. I've got my 440 installed now. This car has power brakes and power steering. I am having a problem with my brake booster-it hits the valve cover. Does anybody have any ideas on what i can do or where i can get a kit for this?

How bad does it hit the cover?
Which booster are you running.
You have only 2 or 3 options that I can think of.

1. Install a manual disc master cylinder and ditch the booster.

2. Move everything over like a 68 Hemi Dart.

3. If it is only the booster that is against the vave cover, you might be able to find a smaller (slimmer) booster.

If anybody knows of a good soultion, please chime in.

I have a 10" diameter brake booster. Is it possible to run a smaller booster? where can i find one? You said youve seen the valve cover modified? how so?--im not going to pound a dent into it..

i used the 400 BB in my duster, but the valve cover is still pretty close to the booster. I have seen guys with a smaller booset (not sure what application) though with 440's and they worked. Are you having issues with the power steering also?? this was an issue for my install

What brake caliper setup do you have? If it's a 4-piston SSBC or similar, loose the booster. You don't need it. My Dart needs very little pedal pressure and is very easy to control with no booster.

I just slid in my 383 a couple weeks ago and the single diaphragm booster is pretty close to my valve cover too but I think it will be OK. With the 440 I think you will have to run the dual diaphragm which is a little smaller in diameter.

-
Back