440 Engine - Collant Temp Sensor Locations

-

Bob Mitchell

Dodge Car Man
Reaction score
I’m about to start the installation of a FiTech EFI 30002 unit on a 68 Dodge with a 440 cid engine. The only location I can identify for the FiTech coolant temp sensor is in the water pump. Using that port will require disabling the existing coolant temp gauge. I’d rather not disable the gauge.

Are there any other ports available I can use for the FiTech coolant sensor either on the intake manifold (Edelbrock CH-4B) or one of the cylinder heads? If not, recommended solutions would be appreciated.

only ports are in the water pump housing, no coolant in the intake. there are usually several ports blocked off in the housing.
some tucked under the accessory brackets.

If you look on the side of the block (drivers side) there's a pipe plug that goes into the water jacket, I used that for my electric fan sensor. The plug is just to the rear of the frost plug.

If you look on the side of the block (drivers side) there's a pipe plug that goes into the water jacket, I used that for my electric fan sensor. The plug is just to the rear of the frost plug.
Thanks for responding. Based on yours and Vitamindart's guidance I found the hole with the pipe plug in it. In addition, it appears the orginal sensor can be relocated without having to extend the wiring attached to it. Again, thanks for the assist,

Thanks for the assist.

-
Back