-
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB73Challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1972 440 that was in my Challenger ( non-numbers )
Consider a long block - was paired to a 4 speed
Have old flywheel ( if wanted, would need machined )
Old Weiand alum intake dual plane - Black wrinkle Mopar valve covers - Water pump -old fuel pump - vibration damper

Does not have exhaust manifolds/headers
Any carb - altenator - power steering pump - any AC components

Consider it a motor that would need carb and accesories

Casting numbers
1*3*72
2536-430-6 ( 66 to 72 RB )

On pad by distributor
H440

Heads could be original to block
casting #3462346

Engine ran good for about 10 years I had it in the car.
No oil pressure problems, no knocking, no excessive oil consumption.
I pulled it because I got a screaming deal on a stroker motor that I couldn't say no to.
I still oil in plugs and spin it every once in a while, but if it were me I'd probably pull it apart and at least re-gasket as long I had it that far apart.

The 340 I'd like would ideally not be a radical engine, and numbers don't matter as I want it for my Challenger and the fender tags are long gone anyway.

I'm in the Cleveland Ohio area, and to further complicate things, I don't have a truck so I would need someone willing to meet me at my house.

I figured I'd throw this out there and if anyone is the area interested, PM me with any questions!
I have never had the heads off, so can't answer off the cuff on cylinder bore size or currently have any pics of the bores, but if something progresses I would of course get it apart.
The guy I bought the car from assured me it was a rebuilt motor in 2000, but I had to replace the original plastic timing chain due to poor operation about 2 years after buying it, so who know how "rebuilt" it was.

20160808_181046.jpg

20160808_174716.jpg

20160808_175609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back