440 headers which one??

-

hemitt

Reaction score
well i got a prblm. im putting a 440 in my 72 duster it has a 360 in it now. but my prblm is my rollcage that runs out in motor compartment. i would like to run fenderwell headers but ive only seen a couple pics of hooker SC ones and it looks like itll hit the rollcage if anyone could send pics of there setup and which type they have that would be great. i really dont wanna make my own and perfer fenderwell cuz my inner fenderwell is all cut out but let me know what you guys think thanks..heres sum pics kinda hard to see everything but you get the idea.

I have Hooker fenderwells in my 69 440 dart, and based on your pix, I can tell they're going to hit.

George

Race only or will this car see street duty also?

hemitt, check out the pics in the "show your bigblock a-body" section here. it looks as through you'll have to just cut and move two pipes as the other six will go under the front strut bar.

I'm just finishing up a simular set up,440 with Hooker fenderwells, the car had a small block, I just removed the front bars and reinstalled new ones (they were only about $75 from S&W) the bars will need to pass through the firewall above the lip,

B-block and 2" Super Comps.
Stock shock tower.
68 Dart

IMGP1124.jpg

this car is only gonna be on the track...womanator how far above/below is the cage from the shock tower urs looks kinda like my setup but at the angle of the pic cant tell and you said those are the hooker SC?

Yes Hooker Super Comps.

IMGP1126.jpg

About 1" is the closest to the down bar.

I ran my frnt sub bars about 4in higher than your setup and i can still remove and install my headers, you may have to cut and replace your frnt bars and reinstall them higher at the front and at the (through) the firewall. i can email you my photos if you like

-
Back