440 install finally finished!

-

75dart se

Reaction score
Installed my 1973 motorhome engine with schumacher headers and mounts, was a big job but I think it was worth it! Motor had 32000miles on odometer, cleaned up and painted, rebuilt thermoquad and installed. My 318 had a whiplash cam and four barrel, performance improvement with the 440 is huge. As a bonus runs good on regular gas and is very smooth. I know it's not a 440 magnum but it's got good torque. I put in heavier mopar torsion bars and I don't think it handles bad at all. I will run it on my g-tech when I get a chance and see what it runs. I had my rad re-cored a couple years ago and was able to use the motorhome water pump, just had to shorten bottom hose. Was able to use the 7 blade fan and shroud also. No overheating at all. All in all I'm quite glad I did it! Picture is probably upside down, couldn't get that part figured out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 272
Cool man!!! Did you do any upgrades to the engine or is it still on a stock build?

Did you use Schumacher headers as well??

DK

Gotta feel good accomplishing that. Here you go. Didn't want ya to lose all your oil right away!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 256
Cool man!!! Did you do any upgrades to the engine or is it still on a stock build?

Did you use Schumacher headers as well??

DK

Just replaced timing chain, otherwise just as it came out of motorhome! I used the schumacher headers hooked to 2.5 inch exhaust it already had.

-
Back