440 Intake Clearance?!?!?!

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues running a 440 weiand team g intake, torker intake, or a Mopar m1 intake on a '73 dart sport or duster with a factory hood on it?

I did run a 440 with stage6 heads and M1 intake with a 4150 holley and 3x14" aircleaner in a 68 dart. That combo did not clear the stock hood. But with a stock cleaner or a lower filter it might... Also i don´t know if there are any difference in clearence hight between the 68 and the 73 dart??

I did run a 440 with stage6 heads and M1 intake with a 4150 holley and 3x14" aircleaner in a 68 dart. That combo did not clear the stock hood. But with a stock cleaner or a lower filter it might... Also i don´t know if there are any difference in clearence hight between the 68 and the 73 dart??

thanks any little bit helps!

Do this...AAR hood....

IMG00285-20100519-2217.jpg

and you will not have an issue....8)

anyone else running a big block with the setup i am talking about?>
When I put my 340 in my car with the stock hood I was running an Performer RPM intake which is higher than stock...I wanted to run one of those stock black wrinkle air cleaners but it would not clear the hood...I had to go to a shorter Mr. Gasket chrome air cleaner until I got my six pack hood...IMO that you will have a hood clearance issue...sorry8)

yeah I guess I'm going to have to sacrifice and put a chrome air cleaner or go with a lower intake.

-
Back