440 intake manifold good ?

-

alex perini

Reaction score
I have a 440 edelbrock performer intake manifold on my build street build with holley sniper efi is the performer fine or should I step it up to the rpm intake manifold

Kind of hard to say without other info on engine. I will suggest this, if you run it you might want to machine down the plenum divider to balance the flow with the EFI. Holley has a forum and from what I’ve read there, it can create issues on the balance. Some people have reported using a spacer to alleviate the issue. Some people don’t have an issue at all. My thoughts are if you’ve got it try it. Just pay attention to what your engine tells you. Cylinders running lean etc. Both intakes are dual plane and some say with the TBI to run single plane for fuel distribution. I actually put a torker 2 on my setup in place of the RPM. I was seeing some cylinders running leaner than others according to the spark plugs. Anxious to see how it does. My build isn’t mild nor what I call radical.

Kind of hard to say without other info on engine. I will suggest this, if you run it you might want to machine down the plenum divider to balance the flow with the EFI. Holley has a forum and from what I’ve read there, it can create issues on the balance. Some people have reported using a spacer to alleviate the issue. Some people don’t have an issue at all. My thoughts are if you’ve got it try it. Just pay attention to what your engine tells you. Cylinders running lean etc. Both intakes are dual plane and some say with the TBI to run single plane for fuel distribution. I actually put a torker 2 on my setup in place of the RPM. I was seeing some cylinders running leaner than others according to the spark plugs. Anxious to see how it does. My build isn’t mild nor what I call radical.[/QUOTE bored 30 over kb flat top pistons sixpack rods forged crank 75cc e street heads luniti cam with 513 lift with 1.6 rocker arms thanks there's more about my build

Kind of hard to say without other info on engine. I will suggest this, if you run it you might want to machine down the plenum divider to balance the flow with the EFI. Holley has a forum and from what I’ve read there, it can create issues on the balance. Some people have reported using a spacer to alleviate the issue. Some people don’t have an issue at all. My thoughts are if you’ve got it try it. Just pay attention to what your engine tells you. Cylinders running lean etc. Both intakes are dual plane and some say with the TBI to run single plane for fuel distribution. I actually put a torker 2 on my setup in place of the RPM. I was seeing some cylinders running leaner than others according to the spark plugs. Anxious to see how it does. My build isn’t mild nor what I call radical.

I agree with the above post entirely. I`m running a torquer 2, and its running lean on # 7 cyl. .
I am wondering if the pcv valve hose being hooked to the 1200 cfm throttle body right at the # 7 location would have anything to do w/ it. Altho that intake # 7 runner is the worst flowing, much like the old team G ..

-
Back