440 intake

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
I just picked up a 440 with M1 on a purple shaft street hemi cam with 906 ported heads. 750 carter carb
My engine builder says go 850 Holley with eddy performer heads and air gap. Do you agree?
FYI this guy is Joe Sherman and will port these heads as well as anyone IMO

Mr. Sherman has built some unbelievable combinations over the years, and on many brands. I'd never try to second guess this man. Drivability aside, if you want to have serious flow and big horsepower, you'll rairly do any better then his recommendations.

Mr. Sherman has built some unbelievable combinations over the years, and on many brands. I'd never try to second guess this man. Drivability aside, if you want to have serious flow and big horsepower, you'll rairly do any better then his recommendations.

Joe built my 408 and pulled 580hp on a hyd roller cam with his ported eddy heads. . He knows horsepower.

I've been familiar with Joe's work forever. He'll take head flow, compression and cam timing to places most of us could dream of.....lol. And the results are usually phenomenal.

For others that aren't familial with him, i'm sure a google search will bring up a lot of his work thru out the years.

FYI all B and RB engine manifolds are air gap intakes.
As far as going to a 850 carb.
It all depends on how fast you want to go.

My pump gas street driven 440 10.70 off the juice car only used a 750 DP Holley.

FYI all B and RB engine manifolds are air gap intakes.
As far as going to a 850 carb.
It all depends on how fast you want to go.

My pump gas street driven 440 10.70 off the juice car only used a 750 DP Holley.

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/womanatorjoe/media/GT/0102111543.jpg.html

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/womanatorjoe/media/GT/2010-07-23_222628.jpg.html

I called 440 source and they say the edelbrock performer RPM is going to be better than m1. Do you agree with that?

In terms of what he recommends - yeah, it will be a more balanced package over what you have and will make more power reardless of the builder and without porting if the cam is right. But in terms of Joe's abilities I have no doubt he can do what he says and his porting will allow a lot more power to be developed.

I called 440 source and they say the edelbrock performer RPM is going to be better than m1. Do you agree with that?

Yes, the performer RPM is a great intake and so is the Victor. I've never been a fan of the M1.

i hear that,remember the mean green chevelle?listen to that man....

That's almost what most stock convertors are today. To do anything significant with a cam you'll need more stall than that. I run a 3500 Art Car. You'd never even know it had a convertor in it.

-
Back