-

BadBee

'69 Dart 440/6/4 speed
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hello All,
As pictured I bought these BB valve covers from Summit, passenger side no go on stock
906 heads because of blower motor in firewall, I tried loosing it but not enough give to get lip
Over the far left corner of head facing motot from passenger fender side!!! ANY ONE HAVE THIS BEFORE OR IS IT ANOTHER SET OF VALVE COVERS? I had the cheapy chrome/factory style before but one year and they are pitting already!
Thanks in ADVANCE !!!
Mitch

View attachment 1715064080 View attachment 1715064081 View attachment 1715064080 Hello All,
As pictured I bought these BB valve covers from Summit, passenger side no go on stock
906 heads because of blower motor in firewall, I tried loosing it but not enough give to get lip
Over the far left corner of head facing motot from passenger fender side!!! ANY ONE HAVE THIS BEFORE OR IS IT ANOTHER SET OF VALVE COVERS? I had the cheapy chrome/factory style before but one year and they are pitting already!
Thanks in ADVANCE !!!
Mitch

Try this forum, there is a link on how to move the blower motor in.
Valve cover clearance

From what I can see the shorter motor is the way to GO! But I'm gonna wait for more input and
Links to see,
I'll keep every one posted,
MITCH

It would be great to locate those smaller mopar style motors as displayed in the other link!!
Where are they????

There was a member here who modified his valve cover. When he was done, it looked like it was made that way. It was a very nice job. Try a search and it may show up.

This is what I used on my 71 Demon 440 non ac. If I remember correctly I had to shorten the shaft for the squirrel cage. Best picture I have of the clearance. But it's enough to pull the valve cover to adjust rockers. You can also space the heater box a little bit where the studs come out between the box and inside firewall, at least I did to gain a little more room with this blower motor. And you don't have to cut or trim the heater box.

IMG_3464.PNG

IMG_3466.PNG

Thanks 6 Pak,Ottmundr,Rusty +Dubob!! Great info and responses!! It looks like POPS has the answer with the AH451,I'll order one from Amazon and post the results when I'm done,
A MAJOR THANKS TO ALL!!
Mitch

Then do what I did sell the old one on flea bay and you break even!

Hahaha good one Pops, maybe Carlisle??

Yes Hopefully ,I'm trying to get a co-pilot to ride down with me,if not i might just plug it out on my own, where is his booth/spot?

-
Back