440 piston to valve clearance

-
Well if that's the case then I need to order my pushrods first. Because I'm using an pushrod length checker and soft spot springs. I'm sure if I used the solid roller springs it's going to flex/bend the pushrod tool a little too much. And how are you compressing the valve spring at 10 atdc with 400+ lbs of pressure. Or are you measuring valve drop first and then just subtracting lift.

Yes, order the PR first. If you mean how do I compress the spring with 400 lbs of pressure, I don't. I only use clay to measure p/v. Once you get the hang of it, clay is way faster too. And you should be able to see radial clearance as well.

Oh okay. I knew blueprinting and engine would be time consuming.but I didn't think it would be this consuming. I've had the motor apart and together more times than I can count. Heads on then off torque and untorque. I hope this is all worth it.

Oh okay. I knew blueprinting and engine would be time consuming.but I didn't think it would be this consuming. I've had the motor apart and together more times than I can count. Heads on then off torque and untorque. I hope this is all worth it.

Then you are doing it correct. They have to be assembled several times.

-
Back