440 rocker problems

-

T-REX

Reaction score
Have a fren'z 440 roadrunner at the shop...It wuz not an original 440+6, but now haz the six pac setup...Tha cam iz all Mopar, and iz solid lift wit roller rockers .....

The problem here iz it seemz tha rockers don't have enuff offset in them...If shimm'd over so the pushrod don't hit the hed, the roller iz only half on the valve!!...If ya put tha roller square on the valve, the pushrod hitz the hed....

Theze rockers are BLUE, and have "B" 1.5 on them(along with the mopar perfomance logo)....

I am not that familiar wit tha "RB" rockers and don't know if tha sixpac heds have differnt rockers, or maybe they may be for B-1 heds(I heer'd they are differnt)....

I don't have any pics rite now, hopefull sumone haz been down this road before, an save me sum grey hair'z(I ain't got many leff!!)...

Thankz, REX

What heads are you using. The Mopar rockers should work on any cast mopar head. Even if they're the ones with the big offset. If you're running say, eddy heads you can't run offset rockers.

They seem to be cast 440 heds....I also agree about the rockers fitt'in...But they don't!!....

I will take a couple pics and see if sumone smarter than me kan see the problem!!....Thankz for your reply

I know on small blocks you have "left" and "right" rockers and they have to be put on the right valve locations to fit correctly. I don't know if the big blocks are like this or not though.

I know on small blocks you have "left" and "right" rockers and they have to be put on the right valve locations to fit correctly. I don't know if the big blocks are like this or not though.

Big Blocks are left and right also. Found that out myself many years ago. Man that thing was noisey.

Big blocks are offset juss like smallblocks....It iz very hard to swap rockers az tha pushrods offset to the inside and the valves are outside...If U swap them....well, juss ain't az simple az swapp'd rockers.....

I have been play'in mopars since tha 60's, and I'm quite familiar wit ole iron...It'z juss tha newer stuff I'm not familiar wit, kuz I quit race'in cars to race O/B's, so haven't stayed up on tha latest performance stuff....

I will figger it out, juss thunk sumbody could save me sum time!!!....

-
Back