440 Rods

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
I am going to be switching out my stock LY rods for an aftermarket set. What is a good rod to go with and also what pin size would you recommend? I am ordering pistons anyways so I can order them with either pin size. Looking at 650-675hp and 7000rpm.

There are a number of places selling the rods that can handle up too 900+HP.Just google mopar 440 connecting rods and about a dozen companies making rods.Price range is from 425-600 and some more if you want the top of the line.Manley,K1,Scat,eagle,are just a few,and order the the .990 chevy pin with your pistons,and stock length,Don,t change your rod ratio.Mrmopartech

Thank you for the quick reply. I was just looking at the pistons that I was going to run and they only offer them in the 1.094" pin. What is the advantage to the .990 pin?

If your getting pistons and rods grab a crank also and make her a 500+.

That was my original plan but I steered away from that. The engine combo works very well the way it is right now. I am only getting aftermarket rods because I'm pushing the limits of the LY's right now. And I need to bore the cylinders because one has some scuffing. I am going to stay with the same pistons, just a .060" over instead. I really like the high rpm power of the stock stroke with the 4 speed.

-
Back