440 Schumacher Headers-Wire?

-

jeeper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't posted at all in this forum, even though I am in the midst of building my own 440 Dart Sport.

Currently I am getting a large order for SUMMIT Racing together.

I have the stock cap and I need plug wires that I know will fit. This is for a 440, and I am using the Schumacher headers.

Name? P/N? Price etc?

I am on a reasonable budget, but I would rather do it once than twice if you catch my drift.

Thank you, ROB

Wires are like everything else. There are low price ones up to very high priced ones. Check Summitracing online, they have some that fit and some that are you cut to fit.

I think I asked a bad question.

Do the schumachers use a 90 degree or straight out type of boot? I am about two weeks from being there, so I have a little time but I would rather not have to wait.

Rob

Might have more luck asking Schumacher. I have no clue..

i have those headers, i used accel wires for 440 , they are both angle and strait, some are close to the headers,, you will need thermal boots.

I have Schumacher headers and am using Accel wires for a 440. All of my spark plug boots are 90 degree.

engine_front.jpg

I think I asked a bad question.

Do the schumachers use a 90 degree or straight out type of boot? I am about two weeks from being there, so I have a little time but I would rather not have to wait.

Rob

I originally ordered a set of MSD plug wires on sale with a straight boot. I held on to them for about 2 years before I could use them. Once I had the engine in the car I found that they didn't fit.

I had to have a set of 90 degree boots for the center two plugs on either side. I used 45 degree boots on the outer most spark plugs.

I bought a set of Taylor plug wires from Summit with a combination of 90 and 45 degree boots. That is the only way I could get anything to fit.

DSC_2519.jpg

DSC_2541.jpg

Thank you very much for the help. That is one more obstacle over come. I am plodding along on the car.

I hope to get some pics and a post or two up here in the next few weeks.

ROB

Sorry about the double post. It took so long to load I guess I got click happy.

I can't delete the post now......

ROB:toothy10:

Thank you very much for the help. That is one more obstacle over come. I am plodding along on the car.

I hope to get some pics and a post or two up here in the next few weeks.

ROB

I'm late to the party, but I'm using MSD's. Half w/ straight boots and half w/ 90 degree boots. No issues.

DSCN16422009-05-11.jpg

Quote.... I'm late to the party, but I'm using MSD's. Half w/ straight boots and half w/ 90 degree boots. No issues.

Me to.

6 (Small).JPG

-
Back