440 SOURCE flywheel

-

demon1515

Reaction score
I did buy a 440 Source SFI billet flywheel and i have a question,
This come with a small bolted in counterweight and i am using a steel crank shaft rb engine, should i took that off? i didnt call 440 source yet, but i give it a try here also.

Thanks in advance.

Is your engine internally or externally balanced?
It is a steel crank, it is a internally balanced engine i took the bolt in weight out for the same reason but being this small thats why i am asking cuz i think it is too small of a weight.

It is a steel crank, it is a internally balanced engine i took the bolt in weight out for the same reason but being this small thats why i am asking cuz i think it is too small of a weight.

I called them when I bought mine, they said to take it off for internally balanced motors.

I called them when I bought mine, they said to take it off for internally balanced motors.

your kidding me right???? damn! my motor is internally balanced and i left that peice on! why the hell did they put it on the first place when they advertise it as internally balanced!

your kidding me right???? damn! my motor is internally balanced and i left that peice on! why the hell did they put it on the first place when they advertise it as internally balanced!

hopefully you can reach up and get it off ...

cheap chinese junk strikes again ...

sorry I can't help myself ...

mine came with that piece too, but it wasn't bolted on it was just packaged with it

All i know is a great pice and it can be used in both applications, for half the price of name brand ones plus SFI aprooved, what else can you ask for? we all arent rich here, god bless we can have parts that do the same for less, no matter where they come from,
But you need to know wich to buy, and where you can use em, not all the cheap engine parts can be used, things like roller rockers and valvesprings ext. ext. are a no no. head castings are as good as the namebrands if not better, so make sure to know your stuff so you can be cheap in the areas you can and in the others there is no other way arround it. ;)

hopefully you can reach up and get it off ...

cheap chinese junk strikes again ...

sorry I can't help myself ...

yes this just ruined my day...1 step forward, three steps back it seems like with everything on my car

as far as it being cheap chinese junk, i wouldnt blame it on that...they should be inspecting these flywheels before sending them out, since mine had the weight on it already and when you are buying something packaged as "internally balanced" its kinda misleading to leave the weight on there, because i thought thats how it was supposed to be

can anyone remember if the weight is on the engine side or the clutch side?

Engine side my friend!

you say it with such enthusiasm....:sign10:

i was hoping you were all wrong ( I knew you were right, and its not very often i hope the forum guys are wrong) so i called them and asked...when i told them they shipped it to me like that, and i expected it internaly balanced, and then he told me its on the engine side and i told him i have a blowproof, his voice dropped...i think he genuinely felt sorry for me...just when im actually almost finished and ready to drive it, i have to take a step backwards

damn...

well thanks to you guys and this thread atleast i caught the problem now as opposed to when the car is actually all buttoned up and driving

Dont mention it buddy!!!!!!!!
I know how it feels i have to take my 833 down like 4 times back in the day on my 440 Demon about 15 years ago just to deal with the pilot bushing, cuz for some reason when i installed it it, the imput wont fit and i got to grab a wheel cylinder honing tool and grind it off till it fits perfectlly,

Dont mention it buddy!!!!!!!!
I know how it feels i have to take my 833 down like 4 times back in the day on my 440 Demon about 15 years ago just to deal with the pilot bushing, cuz for some reason when i installed it it, the imput wont fit and i got to grab a wheel cylinder honing tool and grind it off till it fits perfectlly,

I also had a 833 in and out of my car 5 times in one day trying to make a Lakewood bell work. Very frustrating!!!
Well Mshred, at least you didn't drive it a whole lot and take out your bearings.

Um, would anybody happen to have a pic of this bolt on weight?

Here is a pix:cheers:

DSC02567.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

I am thinking about buying the same flywheel.
It looks like it is drilled for multiple pressure plates.
Does anybody know what all pressure plates will work.

-
Back