440 Source lightweight crank shaft

-

dadodgekid

When in doubt... floor it
Reaction score
Specifically the 4.250 Stroke for a B deck engine. Anyone use one or have hands on experience??

Specifically the 4.250 Stroke for a B deck engine. Anyone use one or have hands on experience??

I have been running one for over 7 years at or near the 700hp level. I like the quicker rev, and I'm hoping the lighter weight helps the stock block last. I had the motor apart to lower the compression and address some valve train instability issues I was having, and there was zero signs of cap walk. I do run a Hughes girdle on the thing.

My Ross pistons weigh in at 524 grams with pin. Not sure what the bob weight is with the 7.1" Chevy journal rods, but the thing spins up in an instant.

Very cool, Fit and finish was nice??

It's beautiful. Very impressed. People don't realize that some of the most modern, automated and efficient steel mills in the world are now in China. I would still have everything checked, measured and balanced before you throw one in a motor.

Same as above. I bought the entire assembly from 440 Source and took it all to the machine shop as I bought the unbalanced and had them check everything and balance.

-
Back