440 to Hemi be changed o go from a 440

-
Can we have the question in correct English please?

I have built both 440 & 426 hemi A bodies without using aftermarket K frames or mounts.
I didn't track down the factory original parts as they are rare and generally more expensive than I would/could pay.
The K frame & mounts do not interchange between the two engines. Nor do the headers.
The same oil pan, water pump housing and bell housing can be used on both.
Hemi has 8 bolt crank flange to 440s 6.
To install a 426 Hemi with the rubber mounts as Chrysler engineered is not a bolt in but can be fabricated.
One was no tougher to fabricate than the other but the Hemi was more difficult to research how it needed to be built.
Of the two I feel the Hemi is a better fit than the 440 since the exhaust ports are facing down.
If you don't wish to fabricate everything as I did SS&AFX has a weld together hemi mounting kit
and Tti makes some headers.
Be prepared for some tight clearances.
I enjoy doing the fabrication and was worth the effort for me.

I have built both 440 & 426 hemi A bodies without using aftermarket K frames or mounts.
I didn't track down the factory original parts as they are rare and generally more expensive than I would/could pay.
The K frame & mounts do not interchange between the two engines. Nor do the headers.
To install a 426 Hemi with the rubber mounts as Chrysler engineered is not a bolt in but can be fabricated.
One was no tougher to fabricate than the other but the Hemi was more difficult to research how it needed to be built.
Of the two I feel the Hemi is a better fit than the 440 since the exhaust ports are facing down.
If you don't wish to fabricate everything as I did SS&AFX has a weld together hemi mounting kit
agree w/ the exhaust ports being better for headers. I`d use a motor plate w/ no motor mount stands at all on the k frame. my 505 (wedge) is race balanced from hughs, it has no vibration at all w/ a motor plate

agree w/ the exhaust ports being better for headers. I`d use a motor plate w/ no motor mount stands at all on the k frame. my 505 (wedge) is race balanced from hughs, it has no vibration at all w/ a motor plate
got to love auto correct. ill say it again from my laptop/. what will it take to go from a 440 to a 426 hemi in a duster?

got to love auto correct. ill say it again from my laptop/. what will it take to go from a 440 to a 426 hemi in a duster?
about 10-15 grand or more just for the hemi engine. you can use the same trans. and you'll need mounts, motorplate or an aftermarket K.
below has a ton of info for you and hits the nail on the head

Thanks ssba and famous bob. I wondered if a motor plate would be the best way to go. Or should I get conversion mounts?

I came across these.

engine mounts.jpg

engine mounts2.jpg

Best wishes man--Hemis are cool, but pretty pricey.
Yeah I should have done this when I had money. But I was having too much fun with my kid. LOL I took him on his first boar hunting trip. Three weeks in texas getting our bacon for the year. But we will get it done over the winter.:thumbsup:

Bacon for the year in Texas can't have been difficult--feral pigs are ALL over the place there

I don't personally know any, but I did have friends (that never invited me, but told me after the fact) around Abilene that loved to shoot hogs and they found a couple...the other option is looking on public lands...lake Abilene state park used to have more than a few running around.

-
Back