452 heads cc's

-
Exactly. I simply cannot figure out other than rules limitations why anyone would go iron nowadays......unless it's a situation like the slant 6, where nothing is available.
I was going to run 440 Source, they were 499.95 each I went to order them and they said price went up. I had the ad in my hand and they didn't want to honor it. Fine it's their prerogative. there are other options. and as a matter of principle I used my Iron heads. So since the car is just a street cruise and had all the parts I went and did those. for Engine parts I now deal with the Ed's at Molnar and Ross Pistons and TFS for heads. Outstanding service and products and they stick to their price.

I was going to run 440 Source, they were 499.95 each I went to order them and they said price went up. I had the ad in my hand and they didn't want to honor it. Fine it's their prerogative. there are other options. and as a matter of principle I used my Iron heads. So since the car is just a street cruise and had all the parts I went and did those. for Engine parts I now deal with the Ed's at Molnar and Ross Pistons and TFS for heads. Outstanding service and products and they stick to their price.
That's just bad business. They should have honored it. IF you have a "reasonable" machine shop, you can still get iron heads worked at a pretty fair price. Of course with me, I have no choice since I'm a slant 6 guy. I can do a little of the work here, but when it comes to guide replacement, I cannot, so I may as well let the shop do it all.

That's just bad business. They should have honored it. IF you have a "reasonable" machine shop, you can still get iron heads worked at a pretty fair price. Of course with me, I have no choice since I'm a slant 6 guy. I can do a little of the work here, but when it comes to guide replacement, I cannot, so I may as well let the shop do
Yes I agree it's not good business at all. No problem at all. I deal with Molnar, Ross and TF and I'm very happy. as I said I got the heads done for about $500 in total so all is good. Thanks
That's just bad business. They should have honored it. IF you have a "reasonable" machine shop, you can still get iron heads worked at a pretty fair price. Of course with me, I have no choice since I'm a slant 6 guy. I can do a little of the work here, but when it comes to guide replacement, I cannot, so I may as well let the shop do it a

In our flow bench testing the 906 flowed better than the
452 or 346 (That were about equal) by a significant margin.
The "F" castings were the best and the "C" castings were
the next best of all the 906 castings.
The 516 old heads were the worst of all.

I accumulated several hundred cylinder heads for testing for our
Stock Eliminator engines.

Exactly. I simply cannot figure out other than rules limitations why anyone would go iron nowadays......unless it's a situation like the slant 6, where nothing is available.
Or if you work at a machine shop and can do the work for free. That will be the only reason I'll be building some when I finish my race engine

Last edited:
That's just bad business. They should have honored it. IF you have a "reasonable" machine shop, you can still get iron heads worked at a pretty fair price. Of course with me, I have no choice since I'm a slant 6 guy. I can do a little of the work here, but when it comes to guide replacement, I cannot, so I may as well let the shop do it all.
The 440 Source big block cylinder head has been 599.00 each for the past year.
It's still a very good deal

Yeah I was trying to buy it right around X-mas time, Apparently they switched prices but the most current advertising was 499.95. They didn't want to do it. I'm sure you and many others wouldn't be happy about that either

Or if you work at a machine shop and can do the work for free. That will be the only reason I'll be building some when I finish my race engine
Absolutely. Some people are blessed in that arena. I ain't one. lol

I was going to run 440 Source, they were 499.95 each I went to order them and they said price went up. I had the ad in my hand and they didn't want to honor it.

That's just bad business. They should have honored it.

Yes I agree it's not good business at all.
If you have an old ad in an old magazine, it must have slipped by you that the company has been dealing with the same bullshit inflation that everyone has had to deal with but YOU want them to honor an old price despite the possibility that they would lose money on the deal.
CLEARLY, you have never owned a business and had to balance the books.
An organization that sells at a LOSS doesn't last very long.

Exactly.

If you have an old ad in an old magazine, it must have slipped by you that the company has been dealing with the same bullshit inflation that everyone has had to deal with but YOU want them to honor an old price despite the possibility that they would lose money on the deal.
CLEARLY, you have never owned a business and had to balance the books.
An organization that sells at a LOSS doesn't last very long.

Exactly.
The magazine was dated Feb 2023 which comes out around Dec 2022 I know what I saw with my own 2 eyes. CLEARLY we seem to have gotten off topic here. I've moved past this and came here for some advice on cc's and cutting heads

You must not be familiar with conversations people have or forum topics because they often deviate from the original subject. It is not unusual.
I'll admit, I would be pissed if I had a NEW magazine with a price listed in an ad that a store wouldn't honor. 440 source is NOT a huge vendor. Their store isn't very big and they don't have a huge payroll. They have a widely known reputation in the Mopar hobby but they are not big like Year One, Classic Industries, Indy Cylinder Head or Hughes Engines.

.0042" per CC is the correct number and .00123" must be removed from the itake surface for every .001" that is removed from the deck surface and if possible .0017" from the end rails.

-
Back