454 Nova vs Ron Jrs 400 Dart !

-

383man

Reaction score
Well we took my sons Dart to the track tonight and he raced his buddies Nova twice. And twice he had Chevy for dinner. Well he actually redlited but it was to see who was fastest. We also tried the Street Dominator intake on Ron Jrs Dart. Botom line it did not run faster but it ran good and had good solid mph at 116 both runs. I will say that I dont think the air was very good as it had just rained and my brothers car usually runs 10.70's on average days went 10.87 , 10.92 and 11.00 as it got slower every run. Damn lousy air. We also tried the shorter worn out McCreary's on the first run which are 26" tall but are worn down to about 25-1/2". And it spun on them so we put the 28" tall American racer tires back on for the second run.

First run on 25-1/2" McCreary's with the 4.30 gears was 11.77 @ 116 vs the Nova 's 11.84 @ 115.

Second run on the 28" American Racer tires was 11.72 @ 116 vs the Nova's 12.00 @ 115 as it hooked better but not great. Last time out it ran a 1.66 60ft but tonights best was 1.73 but it was the first passes on the new tires and the old McCreary's are worn out. I think in better air like the first time out when it had the 3.91's and with slicks it may have 11.50's in it. I was hoping for more but the car ran solid and we drove it the 45 miles home so it was not a bad night at all. We also took my other son Tim's SRT-4 and had a bad night blowing the power brake vacum line off and loosing boost but it did run 13.40's. But it sure is fun driving to the track and running 11's and driving home with a car that got cought in the rain and had to turn its wipers on. Here is the timeslips and a pic of the cars in the pits. My buddy got some more pics I will get later. Thanks , Ron

Oh the Dart is car # 443.

101738228.jpg

Nice job. Nothing like spanking the compatition with 60 less cubes.

Congrats Ron & Ron Jr. Question ? How does Rat taste ? Gooood I bet ! That sure is moving. I remember about 20 years back a friend of my dads had a 1969 Barracuda with a tunnel rammed (2 650 holleys ) 440,large solid lifter cam, real small convertor, and it used to be the terror of Niagara Falls on Sunday nights. The car to beat for awhile. ( it had to be trailored to the strip ) Oh yeah, and it ran 11.54 best ! Things sure have come a long way . I Just took my 400 block to the machine shop today . Maybe it will be ready for next summer. Congrats, good job guys !
107_0715.jpg

Great job.

Anyone else see the add at the bottom? "supercharge your nova" of course its that hairdryer crap but still..

steve

Great job!!
The Chevy guy is probably still saying "how the heck did he beat me, I had more cubes, more cam, and the Dart was even running steel wheels!!!"
;) LOL

Good kill,I'm going to the track 07-01-05 to beat up on some brand x equipment at the street car only races at cordova il.

-
Back