46 RE Trans overdrive housing

-

bguihan

Reaction score
I found a rebuilt 46 RE 2wd trans for a mock up for my 65 Barracuda. I already know all of the fabrication that has to be done on the tunnel.

My question is: Will the o/d housing from the 46 RE fit on either a 42 RH or a 46 RH 4x4 housing and will it work?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Physically, it would bolt on to either one. The problem is you'll have to change the valve body out with it, and then you still have an RE transmission as those are the two distinct pieces between the two.

Physically, it would bolt on to either one. The problem is you'll have to change the valve body out with it, and then you still have an RE transmission as those are the two distinct pieces between the two.

The housings are the same, but I guess the internals are different. I thought I could catch a break by using the complete O/D housing and do the swap with a 46RH 4x4 trans. I was also pondering about using the pcm from the dakota and integrating the transmission signals with the cheby tbi PCM I plan on using. The way my luck has gone the signals would probably be different between the two PCM's.

-
Back