.460 vs .750 spark plugs reach?

-

Plymouth Duster

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have quite a few .750 reach delco 44/45xls and several others that cross over to those type of plugs but question is can I use .750 reach plugs in a non drool tube 225? I believe the motors a 76-77 225 “super six” ha

i know the 74 and later Slant engines call for plugs with the taper or .460 reach like delcos 45TS and autolite AP26

not sure if bringing the spark closer would help or not and also don’t want to worry about it being so close as to collide with on coming piston traffic lol.

first time working a 6 and it’s been interesting, I always grew up putting v8s in anything and the bigger the better but at a new chapter in my life and sound and speed isn’t everything anymore

thanks in advance
Jr.

You should not use long reach plugs in a short reach engine. Could be piston to plug or valve to plug contact, plus the exposed threads will carbon up making it near impossible to remove the plugs later.

You should not use long reach plugs in a short reach engine. Could be piston to plug or valve to plug contact, plus the exposed threads will carbon up making it near impossible to remove the plugs later.
Perfect exactly what I wanted to know

thank you!

-
Back