46re no forward-new rebuild-help please

-

john27pa

74 360/904 Duster
Reaction score
I have a 98 Durango with a 5.9 and a 46re 4wd. Will try to list all knowns.
Engine idles good. Trans fluid full with atf 4. Newly rebuilt-hopefully done right hmmm. Valve body had transgo 1 shift kit installed. I believe 1 and not kit 2-cant remember-didn't want the harsh shift just wanted to delete check valve in cooler line. Overdrive unit wasn't rebuilt. Said by a few people that those rarely go and person didn't have a press for the 800# spring. Trans was rebuilt because one of the bands was shot. I had Durango off ground-all 4 tires off ground. Durango was up on stands. When I shifted the gears, the tires moved forward and reverse. In 2wd and 4wd. Forward seemed a little soft going into gear. Put all 4 tires on ground and reverse seems to work good but no forward movement at all.
Looked all over online for several hours. All I can find was something about a set of clutches inside are bad/burnt. Hmm-all new??!! Something about a front clutch piston and or seals. Bad valvebody. Possibly bands are too loose.
I cant think of anything else at the moment-brain is fried from all the research.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I did private message one person here but I also figured that the more help the better.
I know this isn't Duster, but the trans is about the same as the 904/727's-from what I hear.

-
Back