470 runs out of steam at 5100 rpm

-
So if geometry is off, what do I need to do to correct? Installed per Comp Cam recommendation Please explain. Sorry, just learning this part of it!
The rocker shaft pedestals are not at the correct height for anything but a stock motor. To get the geometry right, that has to be addressed. Search the net for Mopar rocker geometry, and start reading and comparing photos. Hint: My user name might come in handy for that search. Your head will be so full, you probably won't sleep well tonight.:D

Btw, a centered sweep pattern is probably one of the most misguided pieces of information Mopar folks have been given over the years, and Comp plays right along by promoting it.

The rocker shaft pedestals are not at the correct height for anything but a stock motor. To get the geometry right, that has to be addressed. Search the net for Mopar rocker geometry, and start reading and comparing photos. Hint: My user name might come in handy for that search. Your head will be so full, you probably won't sleep well tonight.:D

Btw, a centered sweep pattern is probably one of the most misguided pieces of information Mopar folks have been given over the years, and Comp plays right along by promoting it.
Thanks for the info! Btw... the heads and rockers I bought as a matched set! I bought these from another member, who had this setup on a running motor. All I had to do is replace springs! I will dig into though! I may find it has all been corrected, unless Cam change changes things! Thanks again!

Mechanical fuel pump? Have you checked the fuel pump push rod to make sure it hasn't worn 'short'?

a few things, is the ecu a real mopar chrome unit or just a stock chrome one? do you have the correct ballest resister and coil for it? there is a real world reason to install a pusher electric fuel pump at the tank and you might have found out why. your problem has nothing to do with how you might your motor.

-
Back