470 SFT cam recommendation (I searched!)

-
Yeah, you're probably old enou.....uhh I mean uh....experienced enough to remember "good guy" pricing. lol
I got to make payments on my parts back in the 90s when I was wrenching at dodge.
I'm only 45 , the good guy pricing doesn't ring a bell

I got to make payments on my parts back in the 90s when I was wrenching at dodge.
I'm only 45 , the good guy pricing doesn't ring a bell
Yeah, that was a little bit before your time. It was similar to "jobber" pricing.

Yeah, that was a little bit before your time. It was similar to "jobber" pricing.
I used to ride my bike up to Seattle international raceway and sneak in through the woods before I was 8 years old. 8 years old was the first time I was spotted by an official and he said "hey quit sneaking in, just go through the gate next time".
Lol, but parts back then I never thought about but I was all Mopar back then as I am now.

This wasn't that many years ago.... but I think I paid less than $200 for 557 cam and lifters (six years ago?).
How much are they now?

This wasn't that many years ago.... but I think I paid less than $200 for 557 cam and lifters (six years ago?).
How much are they now?
You cannot find them, so it doesn't matter.

On the fence with this, i’ve read about these gains I just don’t have anyone local that I know of I’d trust to get the real 15-20 cfm.
Near Cleveland if anyone has recommendations. Guess I’d be willing to ship also. I’d love to do it myself if possible but am uneducated at exactly what would need done to the bowls.
I’m going to call around to racer brown and Oregon to see what’s what. Forgot to check jegs lately too.
Get a copy of David Vizard's Porting and Flow Testing book or look up.his Youtube vids; Powertec 10. He has a number of them that show porting. Charlie Servido? has been working on SBM 318 heads for David and Uncle Tony. He has vids and show what he has found.

D

However you choose to go, spend the $ for a quality torque converter.

Good luck, it's gonna be a fun ride.:thumbsup:
Who makes a quality converter in your opinion? It's been 30 years since I drag raced and some of the players have changed or retired if you know what I mean.............

Who makes a quality converter in your opinion? It's been 30 years since I drag raced and some of the players have changed or retired if you know what I mean.............
Me too...

I used almost exclusively ATI products back then and had great results. Didn't hurt that i lived just a few miles from there shop...lol. Tried a few GER's and B & M, but wasn't thrilled with those.

Many good builders these days and i think the current users can give you some direction. Maybe start a thread to ask what the guys are going for these days? I'm sure you'll get a bunch of different opinions.:)

-
Back