47re diesel trans planetary gears

-

badbrad63

Reaction score
Hi guys have a question. A fellow nostalgia Superstock racer told me after I broke my stock planetary gears in my torqueflite that you can put steel planetary sets out of the diesel version 47re from a late 90s or early 2000s in a torqueflite to add strength. Has anyone ever heard of doing this and what's the proper way to do so if possible? Thanks looking forward to some insight.

Hi guys have a question. A fellow nostalgia Superstock racer told me after I broke my stock planetary gears in my torqueflite that you can put steel planetary sets out of the diesel version 47re from a late 90s or early 2000s in a torqueflite to add strength. Has anyone ever heard of doing this and what's the proper way to do so if possible? Thanks looking forward to some insight.
the spline angle is different on the 47/48re than the early 727, won't fit without BIG hammer!

OK thank you I figured it was too good to be true! Dour you have any recommendations planetary gears wise? 3200# 10.0s
4-pinion stock planets will be fine, just make sure they are correct spline angle, ('62-'75 or '76-'94 ). The '76-up have the strongest spline angle, just make sure you have the matching output shaft, it also helps longevity to reduce the gear-train end-play to .010-.015 (not to be confused with total unit end-play)

-
Back