4spd swap problem

-

340 swing

340swing
Reaction score
I recently replaced my 727 auto for a A833 4spd hated driving the auto. So everything works as it should. But I have a vibration that was never there before. I rebuilt the transmission not my first time. New driveshaft custom made with new yoke and joints. The issue happens when I I drive or even sitting in driveway not moving just rev it up. It has a 360 that I had a b&m flex plate no vibration. The flywheel was balanced with clutch cover bolted to it. My question is internal vs external balance did I do something wrong Or am I going in the wrong direction here.

In driveway is engine balance. 360 is external balance. You need the rare 360 weighted flywheel or
Thanks for the reply I figured that was the issue. Luckily I’m building a 340 just wanted to get the car running before the engine was done to work out any bugs. Will it hurt anything if I drive it or just annoying

Not all 340's are internally balanced. Make sure you discuss with your machinist.

Not all 340's are internally balanced. Make sure you discuss with your machinist.
Already did it had the rotating assembly balanced wit this flywheel and clutch but I figured while I wait I would put 4spd in to work out all the clearance issues and bugs

-
Back