4Vent fuel leak

-

Hankrebel

Reaction score
So I bought a 71 Swinger
First time I filled up the tank I noticed some fuel leaking from the vent hoses coming out of the side of the tank. It only happens when the tank gets full.
Im planning to pull the vent hoses and replace them but know some of these go into the vent tube in the trunk.
Anyone have this problem before and know an easy way to get these hoses back into the vent tube?

I have not had that problem but I do know of the 4 lines your talking about. I replaced all the hoses from the tank to the filler tube. Probably about 1 foot long each. There are also 2 different sizes of rubber lines. Sorry I cant recall exactly but I want to say 5/16" and 3/8". They simply have clamps on both ends. Pretty simple job really.

I have not had that problem but I do know of the 4 lines your talking about. I replaced all the hoses from the tank to the filler tube. Probably about 1 foot long each. There are also 2 different sizes of rubber lines. Sorry I cant recall exactly but I want to say 5/16" and 3/8". They simply have clamps on both ends. Pretty simple job really.

Thanks for the info.
I do know the lengths vary to ensure at least one is always higher than the fluid line in the tank. They are definitely 5/16 or 3/8 so I may just buy a few yards of both and some clamps.

-
Back