5/16 fuel line problems....

-

694spd

Reaction score
Here is some of my fit problems with the Right Stuff 5/16" line and clip set. I noticed that the clips that they sell are longer than the original ones moving the line farther away from the the clip mounting hole. Have I got the clip in the wrong location or something. I would think the fuel line would hug the pinch weld in this area. As you can see, this car has torque boxes. Maybe the mounting clip should not be in that location?

Attachments

• 100_3182.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 266
I wish I could turn the clip around so the line would follow the pinch weld. The clip is longer on the side were the line attaches to it, causing the clip end to hit the pinch weld. I wish now that I had taken some before pictures of this area. Maybe I have the clip in the wrong location?

I have the factory clips on my Dart and I checked that clip on my car and it is a tight fit in that area. I'll try to upload a pic for you to see how mine looks. The loop where the fuel line catches is towards the rocker panel. Yours is facing opposite of mine.

Hope this helps. My clip kinda angles down away from the pinch weld a little bit but is facing the rocker panel where the line attaches. The front part of the clip has popped out in this picture where it holds the line against the hook. I push it in behind the line but is seems to always find its way back out. But it still holds the line in place so I'm not to worried. Its a 46 year old clip so its probably a bit tired in its old age.

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 201
I think there shouldn't be a clip in that area and if you hafta have one there use the smaller one that slides up in the crack... I'll try and post a pic of one.

mike bee

What year and model car are we talking about here???

I have used insulated cable clamps with great success when not a restoration.

5586104-007.jpg

Yeah but that pic is one without torque boxes.

Well I ended up removing the clip that I had installed the hole of the torque box and then just pushed the fuel line toward the pinch weld. I'm not sure how it was before.

Attachments

• 100_3193.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 123
-
Back