5.2 vs 5.9 complete gasket set

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Got my full engine gasket set from the UPS man this morning, and was looking at the description on the package. Seems that I screwed up and ordered a set for a '99 5.2 Magnum instead of an 5.9

I'm thinking it's going to be all the same gaskets isn't it?
Ordered from Advance auto parts and their site does show two different part numbers for 5.2 and 5.9
I'd really hate to have to sent this back.
It's Mahle p/n 95-3478

Pan gaskets are different. 5.9 has bigger mains

Magnum pan gaskets for 5.2 and 5.9 are the same, but if you are using an LA 5.9 pan you need to use an LA pan gasket, the oil pans are a bit different.

i got the same for an la motor and i had to use a different intake gasket, the 360 intake gasket was too big.

I went ahead and returned it to the local Advance auto. They took it back and refunded me, even though I bought it online.
They don't have the 5.9 set in stock, not even in Denver, and even if they ordered it they said they couldn't give me the same price because of the on-line discount I got.
So basically have to order the correct set and wait another week for it to show.

Magnums use the same heads on 5.2 and 5.9, so intakes gaskets should be the same. Oil pan is the same, head gaskets are the only thing I can think of off top of my head that maybe different.

-
Back