5.7 height in A-Body?

-

SNKEBIT

Spending $$ on Mopars
Reaction score
Can someone give me an exact, or pretty damn close, measurement on how high the 5.7 sits in an A-body. Mocking mine up with my own k frame. Did a search, but obviously, no info.
TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!:prayer:

[ame]http://www.hotrodlane.cc/HEMI/57enginetransmeasurements.pdf[/ame]

This might help you...

For some reason the image isnt loading for me but the measurement are. Looks like a height of 34" from oil pan to top of intake.

you need to have the oil pan you plan on using on the mock block.... when i did mine with a hemi denny K and a rack, i just used a 2x4 in the pack and set the pan on that....basically 1.5" off rackand about 1.5 off center to the right/pass side

you need to have the oil pan you plan on using on the mock block.... when i did mine with a hemi denny K and a rack, i just used a 2x4 in the pack and set the pan on that....basically 1.5" off rackand about 1.5 off center to the right/pass side

Where is the top of the valve cover in relation to the inner fender? I think I have to be a little higher because my steering shaft is right under the left valve cover even after I shortened the outer part of my steering shaft. My k member is roughly the same level as the factory one.

you can not go too high or your trans will hit the floor
i hope you have your trans bolted in while you do this.
the shaft is right on the VC

Mine is not motor mounted. It is motor plated. Have stock k member and it just clears the milidon pan that is 2 or 2.5 inches deep in the front part of the engine. You have to cut the cover off the steering shaft to clear the valve cover corner and bolt.

So, I guess I am pretty close then. I have a T-56 bolted to the hemi. Already cut a hole in the tunnel.
Thanks all!!!:prayer:

-
Back