5.7 hemi and turbo questions

-

sparkie573

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a few questions for you guys not sure if it needs to go here or in the new hemi spot but I figured I would start here and post it there as well.

I am finally going good on my 70 Roadrunner resto mod and most of exterior bodywork is done. I'm going to be using a 5.7 hemi from an 04 truck with the 545 overdrive trans that I have already. I am really wanting to do a single turbo setup on it. I wont be getting to crazy on the boost as I am going to keep the engine and trans stock till I get it all in and running and the car mostly done with the turbo setup and on the road. then my plan was to have an engine and trans built and swap them out for some real fun.

My questions are has anyone done a turbo 5.7 swap yet and have it done or close to it? What did you have to do for the hot side? I am wondering if I can use some certain stock drivers side manifold and cross it over and come up so as to just have to build one custom header on the passenger side?

Also, What is a good efi setup to run for a driver boosted application with eventually 600-800 dependable wheel horsepower I am hoping... hotwire and stock computer with a diablo, megasquirt, fast or holley?
Anything else I need to be planning on running into?
Thanks in advance and any info or leads will help greatly!

i have done a turbo 5.7 in my 68 barracuda i used a megasquirt. you can see my build on the FB gen3 page

-
Back